Thursday, October 26, 2006

Which nation has the most travellers?

I have been thinking back as to who I have met throughout my travels. So, just for a bit of fun, if I was to create a medal table of nationalities of the number of other tourists I have met and spent some time with since leaving Austria, when I went off on my own, I would probably guess at this:

Remember: This is quantity, not quality ;-)

1. U.K.
2. Japan
3. Germany
4. France
5. Netherlands
6. Israel
7. U.S.
8. Australia
9. Switzerland
10. Finland

Others count at 3 or less per country..

So, there it is, proof that more people from Great Britain travel abroad than from any other country.
Why does everyone want to get away ? because it's so bad ;) QED

If I was to do separate tables for Europe and Central Asia they would look very different:

South Eastern Europe table:
( Includes Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Serbia, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine and Western Russia)

1. U.K.
2. U.S.
3. Australia
4. Netherlands
5. France
6. Finland
7. Germany
8. Poland

For Central Asia:
(Includes Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan)

1. Japan
2. Germany
3. U.K. (all in Kyrgyzstan!)
4. France
5. Israel
6. Netherlands
7. Switzerland
8. U.S.

Hope I didn't forget anyone !

No comments: